Lidl announced it will open its first two stores on Long Island in mid-December. Lidl’s West Babylon and Center Moriches stores will open on December 11. Both stores will hold ribbon cutting events that begin at 7:40 a.m. and kick off a weekend of special offers, giveaways, and prizes for shoppers. The stores will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
“As a Long Island native, I know how important saving time and money is to residents across the Island,” said W. Babylon Store Manager Joe Marazzo. “Shoppers will be in awe at how much they can save with Lidl each week. My team and I cannot wait to serve the community.”
“I’ve worked in grocery for over two decades on Long Island, and never before have I seen a store that prioritizes quality and shopper savings as much as Lidl does,” said Center Moriches Store Manager Carlo Franzese. “Our store brings significant new investment to Center Moriches and will be a customer-focused shopping destination that will be a great addition to the community. The team and I cannot wait to open on December 11.”
Long Island officials applauded the news:
“Today’s announcement is exciting news for Long Islanders as Lidl will soon be bringing their international reputation for quality foods and exceptional service to our neighborhoods,” said New York State Senator Phil Boyle. “I hope and expect that this will be just the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship as we experience what grocery shoppers in several countries already know about a great company like Lidl.”
“I have been deeply impressed by Lidl’s announcements of high paying jobs, healthcare policies, and their outreach to the community,” said New York State Assemblyman Fred Thiele. “As they open in Center Moriches, I know that constituents can expect the best in the way of top quality products and great savings.”
“I am excited for Lidl’s expansion into our region and welcome them to our great community!” said New York State Assemblyman Mike LiPetri. “With a reputation for providing convenient shopping, great prices, and high quality products – all while taking care of their employees and neighbors – Lidl will undoubtedly be a welcomed addition by residents across Long Island. I wish the entire Lidl team nothing but success as they move forward with this exciting expansion.”
When entering the Long Island stores, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
World-Class Shopping Experience
- Shoppers will save time and money each week with Lidl’s award-winning assortment and low Lidl prices.
- The new food markets will be a new and beautiful stores with easy-to-shop layouts that will mean a faster and more convenient shop for customers. The U.S. EPA has recognized Lidl stores for their environmentally-friendly designs.
Quality Without Question
- Healthy, responsible choices, including hundreds of organic and gluten free products.
- American products – the majority of the high-quality products in Lidl’s assortment are proudly sourced in the U.S.
- Unique, European specialty items ranging from hard-to-find cheeses to authentic specialty sauces, cured meats, beer, and more.
- Award winning foods– Lidl’s private label products have won more than 500 awards and counting!
- The Lidl Love it Guarantee– A logo that guarantees customer satisfaction; shoppers love the product they buy – or they are entitled to a refund, and a replacement.
Surprise and Delight
- Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of food and non-food specials brought in each Wednesday for a limited time, keeping the shopping experience exciting and new. The rotating non-food selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, outdoor furniture, and more.
Committed to Fresh:
- Lidl produce is brought in fresh each day and features more than 100 high quality fresh fruit and vegetable options at low Lidl prices.
- All Lidl flowers are guaranteed fresh and beautiful for five days at a minimum, with roses and lilies guaranteed for seven.
- Shoppers love Lidl’s fresh bakery, which will greet customers at the entrance of Lidl Center Moriches and West Babylon stores.
Focused On Our People:
- Lidl offers wages and benefits for its team that are above the industry standard in every market in which it operates.
- Lidl recently announced it would expand healthcare coverage to all workers starting in January 2020, including those working part-time, regardless of the number of hours worked.
*Based upon a basket comparison of comparable products sold at Best Market.